- Our number one goal is for each student to have a positive experience with school. We want each student to have an "I can" mentality and come away loving to learn.
- Our kids graduate from our program ready to read. In fact, many of my current students know how to read at a first grade level right now!
- We incorporate multiple learning strategies into every lesson. We sing, use sign language, role play, recite poetry, dance, color, write, and use hands-on activities to learn.
- We have fun! Parents tell me all the time that their kids are so excited to come to class! Preschool is a student's first exposure to formal schooling. We make sure that this first experience is in a positive and safe environment, where learning is natural and fun.
- We use Love and Logic to discipline our kids. There are rarely behavioral problems because expectations are clear and our routines are consistent.
- We learn so much more than "ABC's" and how to count. We talk about the world around us, how to share and be friends, and how to have good manners. We practice listening to books, following multi-step directions, and taking turns. We even teach our students to make sure they have all their things before they line up (we want to make sure they won't forget their coat or backpack when they come home from kindergarten).
- By the end of our two-year program, our kids know how to count to 20 in Spanish, and most of them are close to counting to 100 in English! We are even working on skip counting right now (counting by evens, odds, 5's and 10's).
- We have fun, educational field trips. This year, we have been to the pumpkin patch, the fire station, the Boise Art Museum, and we will go to Home Depot to learn about plants.
- Our parties are awesome! We love to celebrate different holidays throughout the year! On holidays, Moms get to come and help with the festivities. Not only are the parties fun, but they are educational too!
Post a Comment